CANCELLATIONS & WITHDRAWALS
Enrolling in Season Classes is a commitment to participate from the start date in August or September through April of the following spring.
All requests for dropped classes or cancelled registrations must be received by email to email@example.com.
For season classes and summer camps:
- Cancellation requests that are received 2 weeks prior to the first class of the season will be fully refunded.
- Within the 2 week margin, but still prior to the first class, cancellations will be refunded minus the $15 registration fee (season) or $20 deposit (camps).
Once classes have begun, even if a dancer's registered class has not yet met, all drops are considered Withdrawals.
The Withdrawal Window* is open until the third week's class of the season (end of August - mid September). Example: a student enrolled in a Sunday afternoon class would have until the third Sunday after the season begins to withdraw if desired.
We understand that some students are new to the dance classroom or are very young and could benefit from a couple weeks to try the class before committing to the year.
Withdrawal requests must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who withdraw during the 3-Week Withdrawal Window owe September Tuition and the registration fee only.
- Students who withdraw in the Fall (after the Withdrawal Window is closed) are charged for the remainder of the Fall semester (Sept - Dec).
- If a student wishes to withdraw before the Spring semester (Jan - Apr), Doxa must be notified before December 15th in order to avoid Spring charges.
- Students who withdraw December 15th or later are charged for the remainder of the Spring semester (Jan - Apr) and the cost of their costume if one has been purchased for them.
Please note: These policies are designed to encourage families to consider the effects of failing to complete their enrollment commitment (class dynamics, unused costumes, choreography changes, etc.) We also often operate with waiting lists prior to the start of classes, but once families' schedules are set and the year is in progress, it's much harder to add students into vacated spots.
More importantly though, we strongly believe children and teens benefit greatly from completing whatever task or activity in which they participate and ask that parents encourage their dancers to push through challenges and ask for help when needed, rather than giving up. Please never hesitate to inform your dancer's teacher or the Doxa director if you have concerns about your child's engagement level - we want to partner with you and ensure every dancer not only reaches their potential, but enjoys the process!
*The Withdrawal Window does not apply to Mommy & Me or any Open class (Adult Ballet, Summers) which can add students throughout the year, space permitting.
Doxa is able to provide partial or short-term full scholarships based on need, and small merit-based scholarships for older dancers to pursue summer training and mission opportunities.
If your family experiences a financial crisis while your dancer is enrolled in Doxa, please first talk with us prior to making any decision to withdraw (even with the intention to re-enroll the following season). We would much rather offer assistance and keep a dancer's training consistent and continuous if at all possible.